Updated May 30, 2019

The Pulaski Fire Department responded to a call yesterday around 5:20pm to a two story older home 1419 Mill St.

Fire chief Don Collins said the house was occupied by Mike and Heather Rathe, with other occupants including an older lady and six children. Heavy smoke and flames could be seen from three rooms near the back of the house. The elderly lady and one of the children were treated at the scene by Giles EMS for smoke inhalation, treated and released.

Chief Collins said firemen remained at the scene for about an hour and forty minutes. Giles Fire & Rescue also responded with their air units as back up. The cause of the fire is believed to be electrical, with approximately $30,000 in damage.

The American Red Cross is assisting the family.