Updated November 21, 2018

Pulaski Fire Chief Don Collins wants to remind everyone at this time of year to use caution and be safe while keeping your home warm, and cooking those holiday meals. Be cautious when using space heaters, and never have anything within three feet of those heaters that could catch fire. Be sure and unplug those space heaters when not in use.

Chief Collins urged everyone with fireplaces to have them inspected for creosote buildup, and to have a working smoke detector and fire extinguisher handy.

If you are frying a turkey always thaw it first, and carefully measure the oil so it will not overflow, cook it outside on a level concrete or asphalt surface. And while cooking never leave a stove unattended.

He also urged everyone burning candles to keep a close watch, as they can catch fire quickly if left unattended.

Chief Collins and everyone at the Pulaski Fire Department remind everyone to be cautious and practice common sense fire safety in your home.