Posted 11/20/23

According to authorities, a Maury County home exploded Sunday night.

Officials say the Maury County Fire Department responded to an “explosion with no fire” at a home on Trousdale Lane.

When they arrived, they found damage to the dry wall on all three levels of the home before securing the utilities.

Fire officials said a propane leak during remodel is the suspected cause of the blast, and the homeowner did precisely the right thing when he smelled the gas, turning off the propane and open windows and doors for ventilation.